Sunday, March 26, 2017

Board games

You can gauge a lot about a person from how they play board games. Similarly, if you know a person well, you can also predict how they will play. Last night, we played apples to apples, a game where it is very important to know your audience.  I have a kids version in my classroom at school, a fun game to build cooperation and vocabulary. 



When I am the judge, I usually pick the weirdest or most disgusting combination, as I find these to be the most funny. In the above case, it would be a tough choice between 'juicy- pigeons' and 'juicy- having an operation'. My friend, however, always goes for the most literal card, 'juicy- oranges'. I also like hearing the judge's reason for their choice, as it is often accompanied with some sort of back story.

About 80% of the time, I inadvertently pick my husband's card, as he knows my strange, twisted thought processes better than anyone else in the room. In contrast, when we play 'codewords' on the same team, we almost always lose...  interesting. 

Which one would you pick? 


4 comments:

  1. Comical car horns would be my choice. My family is a big fan of board games. Please tell me more about this game tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we play Scrabble, it is TO WIN...the whole family! We don't play often, but when we do....oh my....I still remember a match with my brother.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Robin Williams and Car Horns or Robin Williams and High School Reunions, or Robin Williams and Salads...anything with Robin Williams.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you...I never go literal! The weirder the better. I like code names, too!!

    ReplyDelete